A zesty, super-savoury variation on our Good Times Tear and Share Bread recipe.
We hope you’ve had some fun having a go at making Tear And Share Bread and experimenting with your own flavours. Fancy a change but want some more inspiration? Why not try this version, blending the saltiness of black olive and parmesan with the punch of citrus.
If you can’t be bothered to blitz up your own paste, you could easily substitute for a jar of prepared olive tapenade. But remember to check the jar if you’re after a vegetarian recipe as some may contain anchovy.
Lemony Olive, Oregano and Parmesan Good Times Tear and Share Bread
- 500 g Bread Flour
- 7 g Instant Dried Yeat
- 5 g Salt
Lemon, Olive, Oregano and Parmesan Filling
- 160 g Pitted Black Olives approx. drained weight
- 1 tbsp Fresh Oregano finely chopped
- 100 g Parmesan Cheese grated
- 50 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil approx.
- 1 Lemon zest and juice
- Follow instructions 1 and 2 from our Tear And Share bread recipe.
- While your dough is going through the first prove, get the fillings ready. Drain the olives and place in a blender with the olive oil and a little lemon juice. You're looking for a thick-ish paste but add a little more lemon or olive oil according to your taste, if desired. Season with some cracks of black pepper – you won't need salt, the olives have got that covered!
- Grate the parmesan into a bowl, finely slice and chop the lemon zest, then have it on standby with the chopped herbs.
- Follow instructions 3 to 6 from our Tear and Share bread recipe. When adding the filling, spread the olive paste over the rolled out bread, then sprinkle on the cheese, herbs and lemon zest.