This is one the simplest recipes we have featured on DoJo Eats to date, and probably will remain so! But don’t let that fool you – this restaurant style crab pasta is zesty, fresh and delicious. It is perfect for a quick solo summer dinner, a candle-lit date night, or a simple dish to serve friends at a dinner party – just adjust the quantities accordingly.
I have only ever used tinned white crab meat (lumps rather than shredded), which works just perfectly. The acidic addition of tomatoes goes well and helps to bulk out the (usually expensive) crab. However, it definitely works well with fresh crab, where you might want to reduce the amount of tomatoes and replace the basil with parsley, which will let the fresh crab shine a bit more. You can also happily replace the crab meat with tuna if you’re unable to find crab.
- 250 g Linguine
- 150 g White Crab Meat tinned or fresh
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Chilli chopped
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 150g Cherry Tomatoes halved
- ½ Lemon juice and zest
- 1 handful Basil chopped
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook linguine according to packet instructions.
- Over a medium heat, gently fry chilli and garlic in olive oil. Once the garlic has begun to brown, add tomatoes and lemon juice. Simmer until the tomatoes have begun to soften, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir though crab meat, basil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta, and spoon over the crab mixture. Serve immediately.